Happy Birthday Classroom Character Education Activity Kit & Lesson Plan [Small Group]
Grade: 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade
Age Level: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Learning Standards: Common Core State Standards ELA
Academic Subjects: English Language Arts,
Life Skills: Letter Writing, Etiquette, Greeting Card Sending, Formal Happy Birthday Wishing,
This activity kit combines a Common Core State Standards-based ELA writing lesson with character building activities that help children show and express kindness to each other, through a formal Happy Birthday wish.
How Does This Activity Kit Engage Children to Show Kindness?
Children learn through behavior and this activity kit engages children in behaviors of kindness toward each other by:
- Selecting a fellow student who they want to show kindness to, through a formal Happy Birthday wish.
- Recognizing positive characteristics of their chosen peer.
- Expressing (verbally and written-form) how they feel about their chosen peer.
- Presenting their fellow student with a formal Happy Birthday card, written letter and illustration showing their act of kindness.
This Happy Birthday Character Building Classroom Activity Kit Includes:
1. Easy-to-follow Letter Writing Lesson Plan & Character Education Activity
Showing Kindness and Care
This activity meets the Common Core State Standards for ELA and helps children develop and improve the character traits of care and kindness.
2. Classroom Greeting Cards Pack: Happy Birthday (6 greeting cards)
Illustrated by Lee Holmes
These specially made cards give students a great canvas for their formal Happy Birthday greeting.
3. Classroom Greeting Card Envelope Pack (6 envelopes)
These classic sturdy envelopes are perfect for students' crayons, markers and craft decorations.
Designed Specifically to Bring Educational and Character Development Value to Children's Lives
This activity kit is:
- Designed by a teacher who earned a Masters Degree in Childhood Education.
- Designed to meet the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Writing. Which means children will learn and develop valuable writing and literacy skills.
- Specifically designed to walk children through the behaviors of showing care, respect and kindness.
Sweet Sadie Mae
Sweet Sadie Mae