Sending a “Happy Birthday” Greeting Card to Show Respect, Care and Kindness: Lesson Plan & Activity
Grade: 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade
Age Level: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Learning Standards: Common Core State Standards ELA
Academic Subjects: English Language Arts,
Life Skills: Letter Writing, Etiquette, Greeting Card Sending, Formal Happy Birthday Wishing,
Teach Students How to Show Kindness to Each Other with this Happy Birthday Character Building Activity Kit
This activity kit combines a Common Core State Standard ELA writing lesson with character building activities that help students show and express kindness to each other through a formal Happy Birthday wish.
Children learn through behavior and this activity kit engages children in behaviors of kindness toward each other by:
- Selecting a fellow student who they want to show kindness to through a formal Happy Birthday wish
- Recognizing positive characteristics of their chosen peer
- Expressing (verbal and written) how they feel about their chosen peer
- Presenting their fellow student with a formal Happy Birthday card, written letter and illustration showing their act of kindness
This Teaching Children to Show Kindness Classroom Activity Kit Includes:
1. Easy-to-follow Letter Writing Lesson Plan & Character Education Activity
Showing Kindness and Care
This activity meets the Common Core State Standards for ELA and helps children develop and improve the character traits of care and kindness.
2. Classroom Greeting Cards Pack: Happy Birthday (20 greeting cards)
Illustrated by Lee Holmes
These specially made cards give students a great canvas for their formal letter of appreciation.
3. Classroom Greeting Card Envelope Pack (20 envelopes)
Classic sturdy envelopes perfect for students' crayon, marker and craft decorations.
Sweet Sadie Mae
Sweet Sadie Mae